Where am I and other stuff!

I can be found by appointment, business mobile is 416-902-7954, by email papantz@rogers.com, can send messages via Facebook as well.

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Treasure, Trash and Trinkets

I was trying to figure out how I would describe my love of art.  I can't other than I like to find bits and pieces of stuff and put it together.  Honestly it is completely spontaneous and random.  Kind of pops into my head and off I go.



Today I pulled out my tray of broken jewellery and finished painting a vintage frame.  The end result was a gypsy boho vintage frame with a colourful caravan against an amazing sky. 

To the left is the before picture of the frame.  I had given it a base coat of soft yellow and lavender.
A couple of artsy projects from old picture frames that were personally favourites.
 



 (old postcards are wonderful) - Whenever I find them in my travels I buy them and keep them in a little box  until the right frame and idea pops into my head.




Lots and lots of flowers and a pretty victorian gift card - the frame is an antique I found in one of my picking adventures.  I left it as is because it had a beautiful worn patina.




This Belle Epoque - print has been mounted to an art canvass - stencilled - glazed with a little tin heart
 

Gypsy Boho Style - I found this great harwood frame and a pile o'old ribbons - pays to look into boxes - just happened that I love these vintage colours so took the whole box.  It would have been too difficult to make a choice.
 This is one of my favourites!   It has a story to tell.  The frame was thrown into a heap to be used as firewood and the glass for recycling.  I found the picture of an old saloon in one of my trips to Orono.  Orono is a sweet, little town with a lot of antique stores.  The old saloon photograph just spoke to me.  Old frontier - floors swept and people getting ready for work.  The glass was in rough shape so I had to tape it off and use an opaque glass spray and gold leaf the negative spaces, fading each and every one to make it look old.  One of those pieces that was hard to say goodbye too but it went to a good friend and client so that at least I can enjoy it when I visit her home. 
 



 
Inspirational Quotes and Humour - Smile and Tickle your Funnybone!
 
 
I melted when I saw this photoshopped image, so I printed it out and added one of my favourite Oscar Wilde's quote - went into my supply of vintage frames, sackcloth, lace, ribbon and now it greats everyone that comes through our hallway!

No comments:

Post a Comment