Where am I and other stuff!

I can be found by appointment, business mobile is 416-902-7954, by email papantz@rogers.com, can send messages via Facebook as well.

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Everything is better at the Beach!



Those warm whites, beiges and greys work well in the colder months too.  Being neutrals they accent seasonal colours and are easy to live with. 

Candles are great year-round accents.  I love this little wooden coach style lantern box.  Soft distressed whites and grey were the inspiration for the side tables below. 



Agree that I would be quite content to live within a short distance of a sandy cove or beach where I can just walk around barefoot or flipflops most of the year. 

Problem with that is that I live in Canada.  Okay I can still live near the beach but add shoes, boots and a coat for that walk along the shore :)



 
Old cottages painted white with large wooden plank floors, boards, driftwood, shells, turquoise, greens, corals, beige, grey.  Curtains blowing in the breeze and ceiling fans working on hot days.  Well it's good to dream and put your mind in a happy place.  Some of my favourite pieces were inspired by this need to be near sand and surf!



all these colours evoke a beachy, cottage theme to me - muted vintage pastel, creams, whites, greys, turquoise

 I think vintage milk glass would definitely be part of my dishware if I had a little beach house






 


These old farmhouse prints would be nice in a cottage by the beach.   They are two of my favourites.



Everything about these driftwood shades with splashes of pinks and lavender are summer cottage to me.





Nothing like your dog's sandprints - to make you smile.

Whenever opportunity presents itself to go to the beach - I take it.  Thankfully it's not a very long drive away. 


 - Vintage cottages - Florida, Tybee Island - Miami!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment