Where am I and other stuff!

I can be found by appointment, business mobile is 416-902-7954, by email papantz@rogers.com, can send messages via Facebook as well.

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Introduction of Sorts and Somwhere in the Middle

I decided to create a blog journal of sorts, where I could keep track of my journey as an artist.  I wanted a diary that I could record my treasure hunting and make-overs of furniture, arts, crafts and everything in between.  I want simple, I want funny, I want to show the hard work and I want to share the places and people in this journey.  It was next to impossible to define my style in a couple of words.  I've always loved and am drawn to old things and buildings.  I love colour, texture, age, patina, faded, chippy unusual stuff.  I'm very happy prowling around barns, antique shops, flea markets, garage sales, thrift stores .... it never feels like work.  The work starts when I drag a 100-year old shutter home full of paint, cobwebs, dust, dirt.  


Life is a bit of a caravan with frequent moves and relocations because of work and family.  Like a gypsy caravan I've had frequent moves with a menagerie of pets, children and stuff - lots of stuff.  I'm constantly dreaming of having a little farmhouse and a barn.  I love open spaces and a slower lifestyle.  I love living in jeans, tshirts and paint LOL.  Great ideas keep me up most nights.  Turning off the creativity is next to impossible.  I'm hardwired to look at a broken table and come up with a dozen great ideas for it.  Possibly my right-side of my head is actually larger ... hhaaa. 

Rhyme, reason and order are not in the cards.  Probably why one of my favourite childhood tales then and now is Alice in Wonderland.  "If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense ..." (smile).

Favourite quote "all who wonder are not lost"  - I'm going to just pick a spot and start sharing my quirky, boho ideas and adventures with you.

First big adventure is coming up for me.  This October I decided to charter some unknown trails and blaze ahead where I haven't gone.  What on earth am I thinking the Lone Wolf has collaberated with her two friends and mentors.  I admire ladies who go ahead and pursue what they love.  Even better when it's the same stuff as me ... right.  This coming October 27th (last Saturday) us ladies otherwise known as the Da Vintage Divas from our fans and friends decided we would have a sale (FALL EVENT) where we would set up all our stuff together and make beautiful rooms and vignettes with our different spin and upcycled vintage furniture, smalls, accessories, artwork and crafts.  I've been burning the midnight oil and loving every minute of it. 

Here is a picture of our first poster:


4 comments:

  1. Mary, I love your blog already. You beat me to it. I think great minds think alike but with my world and Drew and me, my blog will definitely come from another perspective - certainly not in the realm of the artistic and creative imagination that you possess in spades! You inspire me and I am glad that our paths crossed through a love of vintage and repurposing, and you're now our friend! You go, girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vintage Girl - I love your taste and passion for life and I'm so glad our paths crossed. I think we will have many treasure hunting adventures together and we can both write about them. I wanted this to be fun and journal like. I wanted to work on my creative writing. Journal writing shall be interesting.

      Delete
  2. Hey Mary, I follow you on Facebook and now I can follow your adventures here! Glad to see you've decided to blog your adventures and great finds.

    Jacqui
    Porta Verde Studio

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jacqui - lolol - you know I wanted to try doing a blog my way and have fun with it. A journal to log in all the adentures and friends. Soon enough there will be a chapter for the special sofa :)just like the vanity. You have inspired me to push my creative abilities and to forge ahead - mishaps and all I'll figure it out.

    ReplyDelete