Where am I and other stuff!

I can be found by appointment, business mobile is 416-902-7954, by email papantz@rogers.com, can send messages via Facebook as well.

Thursday, September 6, 2012

It's About the Music

I found this picture on google images and love the coat - I would have that on a mannequin with the hat in my hallway!


Music has a huge influence in my art and the direction I take when working on a project.  A child of the 60s-70s (okay now you know my approximate age) - it's ALL ABOUT THE MUSIC!!  Some of my favourite projects were heavily influenced by classics.  Even my ringtone on my phones plays "Sympathy for the Devil", Rolling Stones.   LOL - of course it would. 









My Rock n' Roll Angel - I don't know whether I can let go of him!  They were doing the classic countdown in the summer and I was listening to the tunes - Bohemian Rhapsody, Led Zeppelin, Stones, Beatles, Hendrix, The Guess Who, Tragically Hip ...



Get on the Bus!!
It's all about "sign, sign, everywhere a sign ..."
Oh the things you can do with old signs!
 
Picture of my angel before he got his wings :) just a vintage mannequin from a man's clothing store.
 What do you get when you listen to CCR and Kid Rock one weekend - hardcore hooch lamp.  Previous existence was a piece of farm equipment - vintage grain disperser/feeder.  Love this piece - it's industrial and has that rustic patina.  I decided it reminded me of a moonshine still and turned it into a lantern cover.  Skulls and rock n' roll really go well together. 

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment